View Single Post
Old 2009-05-26, 04:39   Link #216
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermes Marana View Post
Are you all forgetting Luffy already lost in Impel Down? I'm not surprised, since the loss to Magellan turned out to be utterly meaningless.

In truth, Luffy's strength wasn't even necessary for what is happening. Ivankov could have raided the lower levels and started releasing the most powerful prisoners without him.

What bothers me is that lately Luffy has been struggling and losing fight after fight, and yet by pure luck his role is greatly improving in that time and he continues to move up into higher weight classes.

It feels like he is being "forced" into his current role because he is the main character, rather than earning it.

Losing, name-dropping your dad, and getting help from people who really didn't need you... is not earning it.

By the way I'm a big fan of Luffy myself, which is part of why I'm bothered by this. A loss should not be played off like it was nothing. Luffy should earn his role by improving, rather than moving up by luck/name.

It been that way for a alot of manga . They don't earn anything they do a training arc or get some random power up .Then i have to ask you a question how would you have him earn it .
OP does not have training arcs .Also in this arc there no time for such things any way. If OP is only half way done right now, no way could he could won the first fight. If he had beat or even hurt Kizaru . OP should be near its ending not half way threw.

The second is like his croc fight , lost first time but that was needed so he could bring old and new chars into the mix for the ID arc. I much rather that then all of a sudden luffy master haki take down magellan, or rather the whole ID by him self. This way you give him some help and also show how he has improve in his next fight.

Last edited by andy; 2009-05-26 at 05:25.