View Single Post
Old 2012-10-14, 08:19   Link #4611
Moe Connection
Basileus Basileōn
Originally Posted by PCheshire View Post
please don't insult perseus!!
he's hot and that's all that matters!!
i mean what if the goddess just wants to marry someone stronger than her?
Fan-girl detected! Well, would you willingly marry someone who beat the crap out of you and basically steals your money?I think this is a good enough analogy in real life.

Originally Posted by Gore17 View Post
Actually, this raises a question I've been wondering about. Was Perseus a real person, and if so, by defeating Medusa/Athena and Andromeda/Tiamet, was he a Campione?

And if he wasn't a real person, do the events happening in myths and legends count as "real"? I'm not really clear on whether the Gods always exist, just in another realm, or they are just imaginary figures that have the nasty habit of spontaneously erupting from the collective human imagination into reality. Or is there no real difference?

Anyway, back to the rape thing, even if was "unwilling", if the Gods aren't really "real", then can you actually say that something that happened in the stories actually happened? So if Perseus never existed, then he really couldn't have raped Andromeda, as it never actually happened.

My apologies if I'm not being clear.
I don't know if Perseus was really a person. No one can tell you that. Heretic gods can be created by pure imaginations. As for whether Perseus was a Campione? Nope. He's not, because he was Mithra, the Persian Sun God prior to him becoming known as Perseus.
Moe Connection is offline   Reply With Quote