View Single Post
Old 2008-01-19, 11:55   Link #99
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistacloudstrife View Post
I'll admit it's a bit different from before, but it's only because of the media used. PS3 used the PS3 to help push the Bluray disc in the format war and the PSP has UMD movies. But I wouldn't say that they're pushing the PSP heavily as a media device. I remember before the PSP even came out, there was an interview with a director from Sony about what the PSP actually was, and he actually did say a multi-media device, but he also stated that the PSP's main focus was on games. If I have the time to look for my old magazines I'll confirm it.
Ups, i edited my post, because it was too long and some stuff when missing, what i mean was mulitmedia device. I also wrote something about the gps module and how it was being delayed aso.
One could also argue that because of the restructuring and slimlining departments at sony, i.e dropping its plasma production and other technology did effect other divisons such as the gaming department as well. I mean today, unlike few years back, sony do make profit from selling TVs, other entertainment devices and from its motion picture groups. So obviously focusing on the entertainment sector is more profitable for sony, than only focusing on gaming. If we look at the other angle the psp is probably one of the best selling portable multimedia devices in recent years, maybe even beating the ipod(?), and the ps3 is the best selling blu-ray player currently on the market, and probably will still be in the future. With skype newly announced for the psp, they are obviously going to targeting Voip phones next.

The whole DS vs PSP is kind of weird anyway, on one side you have a great gaming device and on the other a highend gadget machine, that you can use as a phone now. So if one wants to compare both you have to set boundaries, and that would be focusing only on games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripfag
Also, an old list of good PSP games.
Really you just need Locoroco all the other games are just medicore compared to it ^^
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote