Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-24, 21:08   Link #674
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Don't think Seto or Hayami have but they both have a reputation for being good singers, Takagaki comes from a music school and majored in opera singing so she's got training (as pocari sweat's link shows even if the song's a bit out there lol),I'm really fustrated we havn't heard her yet because Wakana hasn't sung yet.
Hayamin went to a famous Catholic girls' school called White Lily Academy (Shirayuri Gakuen) from kindergarten into high school. The school could have been the model for the school in Marimite. I suspect she was involved in choir, even though her main focus was piano. In high school, she sometimes went to jazz singing classes her mother was taking. In my opinion, she has one of the most beautiful -- or at least sweetest -- voices in the world, when she gets a chance to show it without it being drowned out by the arrangement.

I'm looking forward to hearing Ayahime, too. She has a college degree in vocal music, apparently specializing in opera. She did theme music for Requiem for the Phantom, singing songs written by Kokia almost as well as Kokia herself. I prefer those to the full-on opera-like style you posted (for which, thanks). Here are Ayahi and Hayamin singing an ED from Sora no Otoshimono. Ayahi hits the high notes, Hayamin has the intimate sweetness.

And this is off-topic, but I'm going to link to my blog post that shows the animated music video of Yuuki Aoi singing one of the songs on DECO*27's new album. I was totally amazed. I thought her album in March was good, but this is great. Maybe she has been going to karaoke with her radio partner Hayami Saori. Although "sweet" would not be my description of Ao-chan's singing voice.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote