View Single Post
Old 2012-09-26, 12:10   Link #206
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Problem is nuclear winters from the dust kicked up will lasts for far more than a few decades (see the meteorite which killed the dinosaurs), plus on top of that it drastically alters the ecosystem on Earth. So this completely goes against the Eden which the Vagans want. Not a viable option even for the crazies because they would lose support from the majority of the Vagans. So unless you have a huge group of crazy Vagans whom just don't give a shit about Earth this won't work.
Impact winters don't have to last that long. Depends on how much dust you kick up.

And of course, I used the colony drop because, well, Gundam. My actual point was that any sane commander would have secured a decisive victory early on, instead of waiting for the federation to get on a war footing at all, let alone catch up technologically. And that not even taking into account the senselessness of the mass murder the early Vagans indulged in. They should have just conquered the Earth instead of dicking around slaughtering civilians.

As for changes to the ecosystem... What do the Vagans know? As long as there's still a lot of greenery afterward (and notice how even the impact that killed the dinosaurs didn't turn Earth into a complete desert), it'll be more than good enough for them. They aren't going to be hung up on pandas or whatever species would disappear.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote