View Single Post
Old 2009-03-13, 20:49   Link #19
Saasha

It isnt that her support isnt enough for him, it's that neither of them have a choice in this matter, not the Queen, not Layfon, & not even Leerin. It doesnt matter what they/he personally desires, he has already decided to face the consequences of his actions by leaving & starting anew. That's what I got from that conversation.

I doubt Layfon actually wanted to leave; his main reason for leaving was that he was banished, not because he originally wanted a normal life. His wanting a normal life was a consequence of his failure & banishment & probably a dormant desire in him, long forgotten.

Despite wanting to forget everything about his past, he still decides to keep in touch with Leerin, a fragment of his past. Why would he still keep in touch with her if he really wanted nothing at all do with his past? It is important to note that life in Zuellni wasn't what Layfon originally wanted, it just happened to suit his purposes at the time.

In episode 9, he mentions in his letter that the only reason he can continue to live normally in Zuellni is because she is with him all the way. He basically says, that if she alone believes in him, then that is enough for him. He needs her to tell him she still believes in him, so that he can continue to believe in himself & stay strong. * sigh, gives me warm, fuzy feelings*

She's like the woman behind him, the reason he is the way he is....., you know, that saying, 'there's a woman behind every man' or smthing like that * wink, gets my romantic senses tingling*.

Layfon's letter proves that he is emotionally dependent on her. Leerin is just simply in love with him, but he is the one who needs her emotionally, not the other way round. All we need is confirmation if this attachment to her is of a romantic nature or not. * Please, please let it be so!!!*

The tone of their letters is much too respectfull of the other for them to simply have a sibling type relationship. Its possibly that they could simply have a deep platonic friendship but my female intuition tells me its something more XD.

As much as I love Layfon's interactions with Feli & Nina (especially Feli XD), they all seem too onesided to me. With Leerin, there is a very strong possibility that he feels more than he lets on.

Uh Oh !! Too late, I realize this post would better fit the romance thread. Oh well. *shrug*

In any case, I really like what I've seen of Leerin, so far. She's pretty as a picture, bold enough to steal a kiss from the object of her affections, cheeky enough to to make faces at Sawaris & tell him off for interupting her thought process, cute when flustered, love that she stepped away from the Queen's wandering hands (refreshing, since usually, once you become a victim of breast grabbing, you are doomed to remain so until the end of the series as a running gag XD), a mind of her own, plucky & determined enough to stick with Layfon through thick & thin................So in a nut shell, she's quite adorable. I hereby deem her suitable for Layfon XD Go, Leerin!

Feli is still my favourite girl so far, though you're slowly getting there as well, leerin. I really like Nina a lot as well, just not as much as the other two, plenty of potential for improvement/develpment as a character. Despite feli being absolutely awesome, I'm vigorously waving the Layfon X Leerin flag. They just seem to fit better for some reason & the series' plot seems to be heading in that direction imo. All other relationships just seem too one-sided romantically at the moment.