View Single Post
Old 2012-03-20, 12:23   Link #3017
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD
In my opinion Kagura is fine as he is. He's like Apollo only more savage, and I believe he will get the development some of you feel he lacks in upcoming episodes. His past will obviously have a lot of reveals so he can't get it just yet

For me, he's had a lot of development by way of the OS, OVA, and Theme Song. Apollonious was a an Angel of Masscre and scourge of humans, until he fell in love and that's when he changed and sided with the humans.

Knowing this, Kagura's characterization makes perfect sense. He's ignorant and he's a beast, but despite that, he still follows his "instincts" and those instincts and Mikono's smell leads him to her. He doesn't know why, nor does he care. All he knows is that, Mikono is "HIS" and that's all that matters
That's why I'm squeeing, I am sucker for romances like this. I don't need to see a bunch of floating and blushes. it's cute too but ...I dunno. I like those brutal-and-passionate-amnesiac-I'm-hiding- a- monster- inside,- i- need- you- to- tame- the -beast- i- will- always- love- you- and follow -you -and -never forget -you- or- you-r smell-I was- reborn- to- meet- you-and-i-will-destroy-everything-without-you-here-to-keep-the-darkness-at-bay-i-don't-know-you-and-I-don't-know-why-but-I-Love-You" types of romances and they appeal to me in ways Mikono and Amata don't

BUT I don't see how come Kagura's entire existence hinging on Mikono is a strike for him but a plus for Amata. Double standard much? Because Amata's entire existence is "Mikono...Mikono....Mikono...Mikono" and now it's "Mikono and I want to know about that man" What is the difference?...I don't see any

Both are likable imo but only Kagura is memorable ...at least he is to me
Especially in episode 11 ...gaah....that was the most romantic thing in the series so far.

@Vena I remember you saying the same thing about Jin, and then got his development right after and now he's a Woobie ..ala Zentraadification.

Kagura's development will give him more depth. Hopefully Amata gets some too because he's also a shallow character, he's just had more screen time but it's usually during the development of characters, other than him.

My new theories...and some older ones with an added twist
  • Amata IS Aquarion and Kagura is the reincarnation and that's why they're both drawn to Mikono
  • Kagura will call out to Aquarion and Amata and Shu-Shu will combine and become the vector that forms the legendary beast
  • Kagura will call out to Aquarion and Shu-Shu will become a vector and then Kagura and Shu-Shui will do a "Sousei Gattai" and force a union with Amata and Mikono and become Aquarion
  • Amata's memories of Alisia are false, and he's Mikage's plant (no pun intended) and Kagura is her son
  • Amata is still a plant but he is Alicia's son, and is a descendant of Apollon and Silvie but HE'S NOT the reincarnation of Apollon--He's part of Sylvie

Here is the Shrade, based on the official colors in the sample images on website

click thumbnail

and Amata V1 (Gonna get one with feathers) from the CD Cover for SDTK

I just stopped by for a few minutes while I charge my cell phone and Kindle
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote