View Single Post
Old 2012-11-03, 01:29   Link #2027
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I'm seriously worried about something like that. I'm worried of at least riots and thousands upon thousands flocking to Washington to protest if Obama is re-elected. A lot of these anti-Obama people will just fly off the handle if Obama is re-elected, and I'll be mad at them, because most of them are racists so that is a big reason why they are so anti-Obama, and I'll be mad at the GOP, because they stoked the fires, big time, and decided to play this 'game' where they stoked and created anti-Obama sentiments over the last four years.

A good amount of GOP supporters are violent or violent minded. I've heard of some of them saying things like "We should overrun the liberals and take back our country by force". If Obama is re-elected, I'm afraid of some anti-Obama people doing acts of violence to any liberals or democrats they know or find out about.
Well, you won't like what I've to say here.... If I try to rationalize your fear, they are based on bias too! Just re-read your post above and your sentiment pretty much follows the same line of reasoning why some people like to buy into fear mongering. Seriously speaking, the same sentiment rises every election cycle where one side portrays the other as the one who will bring down the biblical plague when elected. When Bush was running for his second term, everyone was convinced a huge riot would break out if he became the president. So was Clinton's 2nd term and going back in history, so was Reagan and etc. The thing is this country is one of the most stable nation because it has been able to deal with calamity far, far worse and still able to retain sanity. Most people above such reasoning. As one of my friend (a Tea Party supporter ) said, that's just Texas.