View Single Post
Old 2013-02-16, 16:26   Link #95
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Wrong, in Jellal case blast could be strong enough to blow him into the sea and make Jellal believe that Natsu died while he didn't.

Besides there were enough of other villains where Natsu could easily lose. Just because he is an MC, doesn't mean he is invincible. This arc is one of them where Natsu could lose without dying.

Never watched DBZ so duno what you are talking about.

Besides even a typical winning could be portrayed better like for example in Seirei No Mrobito.
MC won the fight but she suffered a serious injury that handicapped her. While here no matter what injury they get it is nothing. Makes you wonder why authors even bother creating them.
Balsa didn't one shot anyone while every fight in FT tends to end up with one shot even though they got their asses handed to them moments ago. LAME!
Let me get this straight... you want fights to be more realistic, but you somehow think that Natsu could realistically survive being blasted off the top of the tower and falling several stories into the water. Which would, at that point, treat his body as if it were cement, ie, break several bones in his body and cause massive internal injuries. And he's already been knocked off a high place once... he responded by shooting himself right back up with fire. So even if he survived your suggestion, he'd jump back into the fight and Jellal would have to deal with him again. It solves nothing.

You don't quite understand how real fights and injuries work, do you? In reality, when two people are sword fighting, it usually is over in one attack. They may clash blades a few times, but then someone manages a gut thrust, or cuts deeply into a limb which hampers someone enough that the fight is essentially over. Even street fights with people going hand-to-hand are usually over in a few moves. People get tired, take a powerful blow to the head or gut, or get a limb broken, and it's over.

Very very very few shows actually show realistic fights, because it's not entertaining. Why do you think Pro Wrestling is fake? Because people want to see entertainment, rather than actual competition. Boxing matches can last awhile, but that's because they heavily restrict what you can do, and give frequent breaks.

In short, I don't think you really want, or understand, what you say you want.

Quote:
I watch it because I hope that it will get back on right path. Besides discussions are called that way for a reason. If it was all about fans, they should be called "Fangasm thread".
Discussions are meant to talk about both positives and negatives to explore both sides of each show and that's exactly what I'm doing.
Not my fault that lately FT is filled with negatives.
There is a difference between being critical, and simply unleashing unrealistic hate on a series. See my title, as I have no problems being critical of this show, or any other. But your hate here is misplaced: Fairy Tail isn't a deep show, or one that pretends to follow realism. It's shonen. If you have problems with how this show is doing things, then you have a problem with shonen in general, and thus I would simply say that the genre is not for you.

Seriously, if the show has gotten so bad, that you hate it this much, then you really should move onto something else. Fairy Tail ain't gonna change, so you're in for more of the same. And you'll simply tick everyone off by being obsessively hate-filled with every post you make.

I understand how you feel. You perhaps thought FT was decent at one time and liked it, and now you don't, and thus you feel a little betrayed. You want everyone else to come around to your point of view and hate it as well, as that would justify your self beliefs. It's not going to happen. And even if it did, Fairy Tail would continue on, uncaring of what you or I or anyone else thinks. You'd have to convince a ton of people in Japan to stop reading it.

Oh, and you really should watch Dragonball Z. That has the kind of "realism" you are looking for. People die in that series.

Lastly, Seirei no Moribito is a decent series with a couple of good fights... but pays for it heavily in it's incredibly slow pacing. They blew their animation budget on their couple of fights, leaving little for everything else. It's also a much different genre than FT, appealing to a different demographic, so can't really be compared.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote