View Single Post
Old 2013-02-01, 15:47   Link #40
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
They have drones and surely other robots.

But i don't know why they don't apply them....lol, kinda dumb, almost a plothole.
Which if we go with the mentality of the director lady last episode, they don't arm because they don't COMPLETELY trust the Sybill system...I don't think we've ever seen those those police drones do anything, and it's not like they're particularly well armored. And their response to this has crisis has been to do emergency modification of military drones for riot control.

Makishima is kinda right in calling the Sybil system a bit of a parody dystopia. It's totalitarian in nature, but has virtually no effective means of internal security/suppression. A dozen criminals with rifles or shotguns running around in the open would represent a near existential threat to society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I find that perfectly understandable. You've got a system that practically prevents crime, and you have a load of scanners and robots to nip potential problems in the bud.
You don't need a large police force, just a small one for the odd rare event.

It's down to financial considerations, I reckon.
Japan hasn't fought a war in over 60 years yet still maintains a high tech military of over 200,000 men. The world of Psycho-pass seems to have military robots as well. Maintaining riot and SWAT teams are a much smaller expense.

If nothing else, stronger internal security capable of actually getting into fights would be a national security issue. There's not much point to having an army if a dozen infiltrating terrorist commandos are essentially an unstoppable force.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2013-02-01 at 15:58.