View Single Post
Old 2009-04-21, 03:31   Link #151
EternalMelody
Panzergeist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I've never really understand the fascination with evaluating the intelligence of a fictional character. I could theorize what Yui's airheadness comes down to in terms of character appeal and in fact do have some theories regarding the whole topic, but it's really just simpler to acknowledge that fictional characters portray whatever level of intellect the creators choose. Since there's no way to interact with a fictional character to gauge causes or to pick their brains then that's really what it comes down to.

I should warn against snap diagnoses of ADHD though. Apparently somehow someway doctors decided that I had ADHD despite the fact that I fit none of the criteria that are present in the DSM-IV section on it and in most cases am the exact opposite. If people really are curious here are the criteria for diagnosis that can be found in the DSM-IV.
In comedy shows like this yeah it is not really important to gauge their intelligence levels. But that doesn't apply to every fictional character. In shows like Death Note or Code Geass this would be interesting because intelligence is a major factor in their (mind) battles.

The Sword Knight, Signum. I am the soul,
and the fiery demonic sword is Lævateinn