View Single Post
Old 2012-09-12, 04:18   Link #15
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I second AKB0048 (8/10). At first, the synopsis will make you think that it's one of those corny hybrid-genre anime with a really bad plot, but I ended up thoroughly enjoyed it. It's probably my favorite anime of that season. Another anime that

If you don't mind that is takes some time to slowly move the plot, you may want to try a slice of life movie Hotarubi no Mori e (7/10), which is in my opinion amazing. I'm not into anime like this usually, but something about this anime makes me smile. If the pacing and mood of this anime is to your liking, then you should also consider Manabi Straight (10/10) and Haibane Renmei (10/10).

When in doubt, give Ghibli a try. My favorite lighthearted anime from them are Kiki's Delivery Service (9/10) and Whisper of the Heart (8/10).

Even though the OP has already watched REC (8/10), I'll give it a shout-out for others who stumbled upon this thread but hasn't watched it yet. It has a special place on my list. I'll also give a shout-out to Kowarekake no Orgel (7/10) which is just an amazing little gem. ♥

Two anime that are "light" (and ecchi...just a little...bit...okay a lot) are Strike Witches (8/10) and Moetan (8/10). They're not for everyone, but I'm throwing them out there if you're into those types of thing. I'm not an ecchi lover, but those anime are just so hilarious with such likable characters that I ended up loving them.

Finally, although this may be borderline on "over-staged battles" and "stupid plot", I really enjoyed Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: The Movie 1st (8/10) because of its amazing animation and interesting plot. If you haven't seen many mahou shoujo anime, it's worth a try.

The scores given are from my own preferences on a 1-10 scale.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote