Thread: Licensed KimiKiss pure rouge
View Single Post
Old 2007-10-25, 00:31   Link #311
4Tran

I'm rather startled by how good Kimikiss is compared to this season's other shounen romances. And to think that I was originally going to give this show a pass (the title was a big turn-off) until I found out that J.C. Staff was producing it. I think that they were absolute geniuses to split the main character into multiple characters - doing so allows them to explore far more storylines without making the story seem as contrived as many other shows of this nature. As a bonus, we don't get the token friend syndrome that plagues all too many stories.

As for the show itself; the writing and dialogue has been refreshingly good so far. Sure the characters could be more original, but they've been quite entertaining and even intriguing. Heck, even the male characters are pretty good in this show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
Does anyone have the numbers for Kimikiss's ratings in Japan so far? I know its popular im just not sure how popular.
While Kimikiss is popular among the chans, it doesn't seem to have very good ratings - it wasn't on Sigel Clyne's list of the top-30 anime titles. Then again, it isn't exactly uncommon for this kind of show to have poor ratings.