View Single Post
Old 2009-08-08, 09:37   Link #414
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I'm just wondering if Freeman can top Sugita's growling in the 7th E8...
Freeman has pretty good range.

Ever hear him as Straight Cougar in s-CRY-ed?

Or as Albedo in Xenosaga?

Or as Holland Novak in Eureka 7?

After you've heard him in about six or more of his many roles, his voice does start to become instantly recognizable... but he can do great villainy (Albedo), harsh bosses (Holland), and really over-the-top zany heroes (Straight Cougar). Same voice, but way different voice inflections and the like. I'm inclined to think that the Kyon growl isn't too much for him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
Poll Time: Dubbed Endless Eight > Fan-subbed Endless Eight > Bandai-subbed Endless Eight

Implying '>' means 'will be greater than,' I say yes. The only really hard part about watching all eight episodes for me was reading the subtitles. I think hearing it in a language you understand will make watching it easier, plus you can focus more on the actual episodes (animation, music, whatever). Bandai's subs will only make reading it worse...

And if most people think that way, a sub-only release of the new episodes will be bad.
I agree on the dub vs. sub debate here. You can follow your own language spoken much more casually than you can read your language wrote on screen. The dub, in theory, should be more tolerable than subbed Endless Eight.

Mind you, the chances of me buying all the English dub DVDs for Endless Eight are... highly unlikely. I'll probably get whichever DVD the finale episode falls in, though.

Out of curiosity, why do you think that the Bandai's sub work will be worse than the fan-subs?