View Single Post
Old 2010-12-03, 01:29   Link #85
ronin myael
lost ronin

i don't think that naruto is limiting himself to just a few techniques, it's just that he's focusing on the ones that he's good at. he's no good in genjutsu so that's definitely not an option for him. maybe someday he'll be able to learn some genjutsu but i doubt it would be any time soon. it's kind of like us choosing a certain course or major in college, or choosing a career path. naturally you'd choose the one that you'd be most successful in, the one that you know you can be really good at. naruto isn't multi-talented, he even has a learning disability, but he learns what he can and absorbs it like a sponge. that's why his teachers have continually tried to come up with unconventional ways to teach him, that's just the way he is. but what he does learn he continually improves and refines until he can become an expert.

geniuses like sasuke, kakashi and minato can be taught several moves and techniques simply because they learn more quickly and easily. they can even create their own signature moves without anyone's help. naruto isn't like them at all. he needs a lot of guidance and everything has to be explained to him in a way that he could best understand. but that doesn't mean he's stupid. maybe he lacks imagination, i don't know.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote