View Single Post
Old 2012-07-06, 07:28   Link #29578
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
Don't you have the option over in your country to get your place blurred out?
Of course only in personal view, but the satellite view brings you only so close most of the time, that it doesn't actually give you a really informative view anyway.

[...]

You would probably find an island in 2005 using Google Earth, but you'd have no way to prove what stood where and what could have happened there without closer investigation.
I thought the issue was just confirming the very existence of the island, not what's inside it.
Beside, if there's really a 1km wide crater it should be quite visible from above, and I think that'd be pretty significative.

As for going all the trouble to make google earth blur Rokkenjima, who exactly would bother do that several years after the incident and why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
Hmm well I can't go with this, sorry. I didn't mean necessarily Hinamizawa discease, but basically the same sort of situation where someone's perception is genuinely altered. I just basically think that redefining magic scenes's logic to suit your specific need of your specific theory/belief doesn't go very well.
It's again, a bit too convenient.
It's not to suit my "need" it's part of my theories regarding the narrative system in Umineko. I "redefined" the interpretation of the gameboards back at the time of EP5 when the author theory still wasn't accepted. I don't tnink there's anything wrong with that, it's just the way I see it.

Quote:
Right in arc 1, btw, Battler is with Maria/Kanon/Kumasawa and they tell him that Beatrice is right there but he cannot see her.
What's so different?
I never considered that a magic scene... and that's the first time I hear anyone considering it as such...

Quote:
Bah I don't really think this is getting anywhere. Let's just say from my POV you are preventing yourself from approaching Umineko in a different light. I suppose if you are already satisfied with the story as it is, it makes a lot of sense to be that way.
However if you aren't, well maybe that's why.
It's not a habit of mine to interpret things the way I "like" them, just the way I think it's more rational and consistent with the informations I possess.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote