View Single Post
Old 2008-04-09, 23:13   Link #31
Voduar

As a character Suzaku is a little hard to analyze. His speech is not consistent with his military actions, indicating he is either oblivious or a fool, but his actions outside of a mech show neither. While he certainly wears his naivette like a shield, he does not come off as mentally deficient, which leads one to a limited number of conclusions. We are given several options, the first of which is that he is operating under a lot of self delusion. This seems to be a logical conclusion, though its a little hard to prove, most people seem to believe its true.

So, the question to me is, Does he realize that he is rescuing mechs that were in the process of slaughtering civilians? When I first saw the series, I assumed he had to realize that, but having seen a few of his defenders, it occurred to me that he might not tumble to the fact that most of Zero's attacks have occurred during anti-civilian missions. Answering that, which will hopefully be happening this season, will make Suzaku's motivations much clearer.

Oh, and personally, I hate Suzaku with the burning passion of a thousand suns, in the very moment they are consumed by a black hole and release their energy in a burst of unimaginable power. But, every hero needs a foil, I guess
Voduar is offline   Reply With Quote