View Single Post
Old 2011-09-22, 11:44   Link #270
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I'd have to say I've been really enjoying this series' soundtrack overall.
Oh no, the OST is a completely different story! It might have not been the best fit for the actual show (having virtually no comedic tracks) having listened separately, not only do I think of it as an improvement of the already excellent first OST, I actually consider it to be the best OST of the year. An impressive achievement in the same year where shows like Madoka, Blue Exorcist, C and Blood-C had some phenomenal OST's, but I don't think anyone of them matches some of the tracks on this soundtrack (Tender Girl is single handedly the most beautiful track of the year).

The Opening I think is also very good, not exactly on par with the first season's, but that's due to how good the first Opening was ^^.

I haven't heard all the Character SIngles, but if I had to pick a favorite, I'd say that Naked Genius has a special place in my heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Anyways, this new album sounds fantastic. I'm already craving Purachina and Ai Oboeteimasu ka. XD
Agreed, especially on Purachina/Platinum. I don't know why but the thought of having Yuuki Aoi singe one of my all time favorite song is just amazing I still can't believe it's happening.

Not to mention the possibility for all the MAD's and AMV's of these songs XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Holy cow, that looks like a heavenly album right there. Gotta make my body ready for that! *listens to platinum for the nostalgia* SO GOOD.
Heavenly seems like an accurate description All we need now is figuring out what the Secret track is.

*cross fingers that Kemia's Cover is Unbalanced Kiss X> *

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Is it this version?

-snip for awesome music-

Nao Toyama would totally fit the retro Lin Minmay and that song. Next track up : Tenshi no Enogu!

-snip for more awesome music-
I do think it is.

And yeah, that's really the most neat thing about this is that all the picks for the songs fit so perfectly. If your going to get a song from Macross, have your idol sing it lol.

(Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind if they do a future release of a Cover of all Macross music with Kanon/Nao Toyama as the singer. I'd buy it, and I'm not a Kanon fan :P)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
P.S Most of the songs chosen are pretty retro and 80-ish in theme. I wonder if this was a personal request by Wakaki himself, who at the age of 38, lived through the 1980s in his youth.
I haven't been checking his blog much, but I figure it must be the reason. The anime itself in many aspects is a retro version of many show from the mid-80's/90's, so I think they are trying to capitalize on that idea more now.

If he did in fact ask for these choices, then I have to say, Wakaki -San has some excellent taste in music