Thread: Visiting Japan
View Single Post
Old 2003-12-13, 20:24   Link #37
0ink
Animal Mafia Godfather

Send a message via AIM to 0ink Send a message via Yahoo to 0ink
Quote:
Originally Posted by sothis
fantastic analogy. ^_^ unfortunately, though, people get so obsessive over this culture that they tend to not listen to this advice. i do definitely think it is a facet of youthful dreaming, as you mentioned.
Hmm yes. Im fantastic sometimes. Youve witnessed one of the few times iam.

This whole obsessive part can probably be blamed on anime. Anime is what japan would like to be and in some cases are. SO SAYETH I!

Anyway. This youthful dreaming isnt all that bad (it makes the world a better place, damn thing is that you can become to obsessed), unless you follow them without research or serious thought.

Myself, as a youth im part of the whole "Woooo japan is so great"-group. Im just wise beyond my years (lots of trial and errors). Sure id like to go there, hell. Once upon a time i even wanted to become japanese, get myself a suit and a briefcase, a wife and a small robot dog for my ultrasmall apartment.

Well ok, thats not true but still.

Ive changed my life a little for Japan. I like the language, history and such so im going to continue learning about it in the uni later on. I might hate japan but i dont hate the history and language.

So where am i going with this?, i dont know... youre the guy reading it... you tell me. If you dont find a reason, i guess i wasted your time :P
0ink is offline   Reply With Quote