Thread: Licensed Strike Witches 2
View Single Post
Old 2011-11-11, 01:03   Link #1135
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ7UP View Post
Eila and Sanya are exceptions because they wear tights/stockings, which are thin enough.
If that's the case, why couldn't all witches wear stockings instead? I mean Sanya and Eila performed well even if they had stockings on.. Also, Sanya's wearing a skirt~

Quote:
..the only quasi-official explanation for the lack of lower clothing can be seen in the whole military aspect of Strike Witches. At times of war, soldiers need to be deployed in a matter of seconds, not minutes..
Logical... for the case of active duty witches. I wonder why striker units need to to have direct skin contact in the first place..

Quote:
And since the Witches in general, as the saviours of humanity, happen to be role models, it's only natural that women in general would emulate them in not wearing lower clothing.
Make sense now that you mentioned it.. But it's still kind of ridiculous to me
I mean they go around in broad daylight walking in their undies when they're not witches to begin with.. Well, perhaps that's what a proper woman's clothing is for them.

Although I'm really glad Yoshiko Akimoto and Anna Ferara didn't follow the trend.

Quote:
Edit - In dogfights, skirts and short-shorts can impede movement.
Not really a raison d^etre for me..

In the first OVA, Lynette was wearing a skirt while Erica and Trude had some kind of bike shorts.. yet their performance didn't really sucked. Although that one wasn't part the canon to begin with so yeah..
moot point. Lastly, Sanya had a skirt on~

I just wished that all of them wore mini skirts like Sanya did..
pauldy is offline   Reply With Quote