Thread: TERA Online
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-06, 11:42   Link #829
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I've been playing since launch and already I can see how this will end up. After the F2P launch, in-game gold just got absurdly easier to get--on the order of ten times easier than it was before--but only if you pay the "elite" subscription.

Subscribers get a daily gold boost from mobs and a daily gold boost from quests, in addition to 20 daily quests per day instead of 10. With the removal of the third-tier enchanting reagents and the reduction in price of the second-tier reagents, inflation is going to happen very rapidly.

And then the F2P trap will be complete. Everything you need to play the game will be so expensive that you'll be forced to use the cash shop in order to advance at anything beyond a snail's pace. Free players are limited to 10 daily quests per day and make around ~450g from them, while subscribers make 2,000g.

TERA's economy was pretty awful before, especially considering how utterly pointless crafting is, but it's going to get really, really stupid after this.

I give myself another few months to wrap up our existing RP plots and maybe by then FFXIV will be out.