View Single Post
Old 2007-08-26, 19:40   Link #15
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
Well there is also such a thing as "business hours". Plus the area of Kyoto prefecture where KyoAni is located is supposedly some distance away from the Kyoto city center, so they might not have had the opportunity (in terms of transportation) to visit in the late evening (I on the other hand, could go there by bicycle from my dormitory, it was only 4-5 km away).

Btw, as Konata seems quite the Nintendo fan (with DS & Wii), it's disappointing they didn't go and visit Nintendo headquarters [also located in Kyoto] as well
It really shows their Kyoto love there.. although I seriously doubt they've purposefully forgot about the lit "clock tower". Being that most of them grew up in the city, it's hard for them to miss the city hall. I'd say they've kept it that way as to focus on the attention on the silhouettes. If they HAD shown the lit tower, it would have taken the focus away from below. I'd say it's a creative license.

I've not seen the episode yet but based on the spoilers and the blog reactions, there's a billion references in this episode. I think it's less sleep for me this week as well...