View Single Post
Old 2011-11-09, 21:05   Link #764
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATM View Post
But is she the reason as to why I’m hooked into Claymore? The answer is no, and I would not be here if I had pick up the story from chapter 1 as I found it very monothematic. And because it had all the traits that made me quit watching series like this one. Lucky enough my first glimpse was at Pieta while they were fighting awakened ones (the anime version). But now that I have been through the manga, I just love it (and think it is way better than the anime), but for the same reasons that I picked up the anime, and that is for the diversity of its characters and the complexity of its story. Mr. Yagi has borrowed a play from Akira Kurosawa’s playbook (one of the greatest storytellers in history) and has given life to huge scenarios without compromising the details of his many characters.
You first saw Claymore in Pieta? wow, thats kind of late in the show. I first saw the 4th episode "Clare's Awakening". I had never seen or heard about the show but i was interested because there was a pretty girl swinging a large sword. When i began to watch it i had no idea who the characters were, what yoki was, what yoma were or anything. But it only took me about 11 minutes into the show to realize that i loved it. And i'm glad that started to watch it. It also turned me to the manga, which was really great too.

Quote:
I love characters like “retarded” Helen, because of her wide array of emotions that makes her so real. It’s true that she needs a 24 hour bodyguard (Deneve) by her side just to keep her out of trouble, but her goofy remarks, the profound sense of friendship she is never shy to exhibit towards whom she loves and respects and her impulsive behavior is what brings spice into Claymore, in my opinion, not the standard hero type behavior or power levels that are recycled on other characters. That’s the reason I stand by her side no matter what.
I’m sure that any Clare or Miria fans think the same way and will stand by their sides even if they pulled an airbus out of their asses.

I do love Helen and Deneve .
They are both great characters.

"King's to you, Fernand"