Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-28, 02:49   Link #1775
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Cut Miho some goddamned slack. She's a kid. She's not even 16.
Might be just my life experience, but I don't let age be an excuse. Could be I'm very strict in this particular department

Also, she would have been 16 at the time of the contest: She was in the first year of high school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
And at the end of the day, where the hell is Maho. The priciple of command is that the CO is responsible for any fuckups that happen, and lets the subordinates take the credit for sucess. Except it seems here that Black Forest's sucesses are attributable to Maho, while their loss is all Miho's fault.
Most likely Maho had her own issues to deal with in the aftermath of defeat. However, assuming that she had the same kind of fingers pointing at her, the difference is that Maho stayed on, while Miho left and basically escaped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Did you not notice that Miho's tank was in the middle of the single-file formation along that trail? Where would you have had them retreat to? There was another tank behind them, and if piloting one of those things forward through that little viewslot is hard, just try doing precison maneuvers in one while driving backwards... on a collapsing trail which maybe has enough room for one tank to pass another if they're very careful, in the middle of a downpour, while under fire. Even if she'd thought of giving that order, they probably couldn't have carried it out before getting taken out, and they might just have ended up going off the trail themselves.
The tank that was trying to cover the flag right before the shot was fired seems to indicate there was enough room. Of course, it might have been futile, but still an attempt might have changed everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
Would you really consider how many points you scored in your combat practice to be more important then the lives of your friends?
And at what point have we been actually comparing relative importance?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote