View Single Post
Old 2007-02-09, 05:17   Link #80
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, on the other hand, they split all 14 episodes on 3 DVDs, instead of more-usual 4 which would've afforded more extras. I think that's pretty telling. I'm not necessarily saying that we should just be grateful that we got anything at all, but at the same time I think we have to realize that this probably isn't something Funimation can afford to splurge on in the current market. Certainly, though, if you have the ~$400 to get the R2 release, and can still find all the firstpress releases, it's definitely nicer (you get what you pay for...).

That being said, I should also point out that a lot of R1 DVDs don't have colour booklets, trading cards, OSTs, or much in the way of extras -- and in fact, a lot of R2 releases are the same way. It really varies widely.
Ultimaitly, its the show that counts, who cares if the packaging isn't all that great, most american anime packaging lack trading cards, ost's etc, you have to buy those separatly. Its not like lacking these extrals is going to ruine the anime in anyway.

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote