View Single Post
Old 2007-10-18, 18:17   Link #98
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Bah my Internet died while replying, so now I have to retype everything >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
Thanks. You've just characterized Teresa as among the stupidest of people who would try to purport a deception w/out discarding any evidence that would incriminate her upon forensic analysis. I thought you said you liked this character?
Stupid how? She cannot really do anything to cover her tracks, and her excuse was flimsy at best. What is she going to do? Hide the body? It is not like they could not find the remains and (easily) guess what happened.

and I do like Teresa, what I do not like is blind Teresa fanboyism, so I must toughen my skin and argue the reaper as it were.

Quote:
We'll just have to disagree there. You reveal you don't like her anyway. =P
You can say what you like, but Teresa will always be one of my favorite characters, her arc is what made me love Claymore.

Quote:
We can't assume that she has never ever used Yoki such that the Org was just as ignorant about her as about Teresa. We've only seen how good she could hide it.
True we cannot just assume that she never did, but we cannot ignore it as a possibility either, otherwise Teresa would have never gotten away with hiding her power either.

Quote:
No way! She would have seen it coming. She didn't need Yoki sensing to fight off Priscilla pre-yoki release.
Teresa herself admitted that Priscilla could have gotten her, so I think I will stick with what Teresa said.

Quote:
Then let's define what we're talking about. Semi-awakening is cheating, which has its own potential different from those who aren't "cheating". But with regard to their ontology, a Claymore is a human/yoma hybrid, whether unawakened, semi, or fully. The differences between ABs and Claymores are not the physical ontology, but consciousness and the relative exertion of power. At least this is the thinking I follow. A Claymore is n% of a fully awakened human/yoma hybrid. The awakening phenomenon from what we've seen is the extension of that threshold in which the hybrid can suppress the yoki and thus maintain a human consciousness. We haven't seen any SS phenomena yet.
The problem is, we do not really know what lies in actually being a hybrid. Is the reason some are weak and others are strong because of compatibility, if training is all one requires, then why aren't all Claymores stronger then they are right now?

Quote:
Fault Gooral for a misnomer, but his idea stands valid.
As does mine.

Quote:
She makes such an observation, but that doesn't mean it's not flawed. She is seeing the semi-awakening for the first time, which dampens her credibility to make authoritative statements about it. While she can be right about the advantages of extending one's limits (which is really a threshold), she can be wrong about getting a stronger AB out of one.
True enough, but many are basing this entire argument on what Riful stated as well, so if we discount Riful's word, then we have no where to go with this entire thing
From what we have seen however, Riful may indeed be correct.

Quote:
Goes to show how ignorant she is for asking the inheritor of the strongest number 1 in history (well, this by my standards only of course) to be her point man.
Indeed, she is not omniscient, but then again, neither was Teresa.

---------------------

Quote:
I wouldn't be so sure about that (unless You meant only youki level). As for Riful, I think that she has never considered Clare, Galatea or Jean as a threat, she was so overwhelmingly stronger and she could sense their youki level quite well (only Clare is special and her power is still a mystery) so allowing them to grow wouldn't threaten her (or so she thought).
I did primarily mean their Yoki level, although I do think physically as well, they can always become wiser and more experienced, but there natural power will not change, although their control over it may improve.

I also agree that Riful probably never foresaw Clare becoming strong enough to threaten her. I am just saying, if she had thought it possible, she definitely would not approve.

Quote:
"Quench" is like training and potential isn't changing it's "potential" because it's still steel - it just reached maximum of it's toughness after receiving special treatment. You can't quench steel more than once (I think, I'm not physicist). If sth doesn't have "potential" than quenching won't work. When someone is improving his skills then it means he hasn't reached his peak yet, not that he awakened his hidden unnatural potential or he somehow "gained potential".
I understand quite well what you are saying here, let me try to translate my thoughts for you.

Normal Warriors have potential, they can achieve this potential with time, training, and experience. However this potential has a limit (as all things do)

When a Warrior Awakenes all this potential is immediately realized, and quite possibly exceeded. Awakend warriors can gain experience, but cannot improve their base physical power, or Yoki.

Now a Partially-awakened warrior has gained power that is not achievable through time, training, and experience. It is equivalent to a human gaining super-human abilities, and if they awaken later in their lifetime, this power stacks on top of their "normal" potential. This potential is only limited by the number of times the warrior has surpassed her limit.

Thus I believe that Partially-awakened "cheat" per-say, as they gain power that non-partially awakened have no access to.

I also believe this will eventually lead to how Clare can defeat Priscilla, who is currently the strongest being in the Claymore-verse.

-----------------------

Quote:
Nah Teresa herself said that prissy could of wounded her during that sneak attack. I believe she could of wounded teresa(insert assumption) but not to the point of it being deadly(end assumption) and then she would just continue owning those 4 since she knows what prissy is capable of. Like they keep saying in that one anime "The same attack wont work twice on Athena's saint!"
Hehe glad you pointed out that it is an assumption, it really could have gone either way, Teresa could have died instantly, or could have only been wounded enough to force herself to use Yoki to pwnzerize the pre-fab 4.

Shame you theory did not go through though, because Teresa would not have been caught off guard by Priscilla's final attack.