View Single Post
Old 2013-01-07, 18:32   Link #31573
qno2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
Personally I would like to have an anime as I like to have a visual of the scenes (which is why I so love the manga). I doubt someone else that's not DEEN will even produce it but there's to say I would prefer the anime for Chiru to be done better than the one we have...

Also, to be honest, since Umineko was the first part of mystery it was something that was pretty difficult to be turned into an animation which, for time reasons, needed to cut scenes. It would have needed Ryukishi supervising everything and telling them what thye could and could not cut.
And I don't know about the first episodes but I think even if it's possible he was supervising it in the beginning, by the time we reached the end he wasn't doing it anymore. Ep 4 ending is... -_-
Ufotable adaptation, now! For me the issues started before the actual mystery: it was destined to kinda failtrain when they skipped most of the exposition, as long-winded as it is. "Who the hell is Gohda" is what I asked in EP2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiblue1
Well, the narrator in Ep 1-4 fantasy scenes is likely Beato who's claiming to be the culprit (and he piece and double is the culprit on the gameboard) so, of course, she's lying. I won't tie this to her being culprit in Prime though she likely did something that set in motion what lead to the Rokkenjima incident.
First and foremost the narrator would be the author, though Meta-Beato is rather closely tied to that postion anyway (depending on how you interpret her). Fair enough though, it's a matter on how much "love" or "baseless trust" you have for Yasu; personally I don't see her as much of a crazed prime-culprit myself. Regardless whether you choose a) or b), because of this, she can lie all the damn time without breaking the rules that... probably don't apply to anything outside of Bern's game to begin with. Progress!

As always, it all is so ambigious than any contrived interpretation can kinda work. Uuu~! Magic~!
qno2 is offline   Reply With Quote