View Single Post
Old 2009-10-08, 12:44   Link #118
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
Do we even have proof that PX-0 is the real Kuma? Cause seeing what he was like in the previous chapters, he didn't show any signs of being a cyborg- even Sanji managed to attempt a kick without being damaged by the impact (unlike when he kicked PX-1 where he thought he might break a leg trying again)- and rather the current PX-0 is exactly what PX-1 was like (the clone kuma) with his mouth lasers and dead mind.

Also while sending Luffy and co. out into different islands he sent PX-1 randomly off somewhere...
He has been using his paw paw powers, and Sentomaru had already addressed Kuma as PX-00, so we know that is his designation. So, this is Kuma.

The million dollar question is not so much "Is he a Fake?" (since we have 90+% confirmation that he is the real Kuma), but rather "Why would he would do this?"

Whatever the case, I love Iva's line "No one can forget my face!" (paraphrased). That had me cracking up for a dozen or so seconds. Epic nakama showdown is brewing between the 2, and I do not know if I want Kuma "awoken" from his "sleep" or if I want Kuma to stay an automaton/zombie (Iva getting through to Kuma might be too cliche, but Kuma staying a robot might be too dark).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Didn't Zoro explicitly state during the Alabasta Arc, that he has no intention of cutting diamond?

About the Luffy and Mihawk encounter: I wonder how this will turn out.
Mihawk can't possibly defeat Luffy, because this would mean the end for him under the current circumstances. On the other hand Luffy also can't defeat Mihawk, because this would put him on top of him strength-wise, which would mean, that Zoro's new goal should become Luffy, which wouldn't really be good for the story.
The only solution is, that their fight gets interrupted (or doesn't even start).
There is nothing that says Mihawk can't be defeated by a non-swordsmen.

That being said, there is no way Luffy can defeat (or really even fight) Mihawk presently, so it will be yet another rescue or something similar...