Thread: Licensed Cross game
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-27, 20:50   Link #1891
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Oh my God I couldn't bring myself to watch past the quiz. My hopes are dashed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Wait what huh Momiji has a who what?
Heh... my initial reaction was quite funny even to myself. It went something like this: "Momiji? Boyfriend?!? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! She's too young. Big Brother Instinct activated.

It's pretty funny when you realize your emotions are being manipulated successfully.

The guy seems nice enough though. (And he knows judo)

Azuma and Aoba huh... I got to admit I like the way Azuma urges Aoba to start chasing her own dream instead of Wakaba's. Not sure if that's the path to Aoba's heart though. I suspect that Kou's efforts to fulfill Wakaba's dream earns more points with Aoba.

While it may make more sense for Aoba to pursue her own dream, I think it's pretty clear she's chosen to sacrifice those things for Wakaba's. Reason has a hard time overcoming emotions like that, and in a way I think it's become Aoba's way of dealing with her grief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
Considering how ubiquitous the mobile handphone is today in Japan amongst teenagers, notice that there are no mobile handphones showing up at all in the show. Incredible, huh? But in Adachi's Cross Game world, it's like the mobile handphone does not exist.
I like it myself. Although there are a few cellphones. H2 even had a joke about it. Adachi is quite aware that he's leaving out cellphones.

Speaking of which I finished the H2 manga recently. Couple things: First all, I hope all those panty shots and swimsuits were not representative of Adachi's normal style. I mean, cheesecake poses on the covers is one thing, but trying to follow the play by play of a baseball game with swimsuits dominating the page... not my idea of a good time.

Second, I am completely confused as to how that ending was considered "unexpected". I got "spoiled" about that element of H2 in this thread, and spent the whole time with that in the back of my head- it actually created a bit of dramatic tension for me, since I couldn't understand how anything other then the what did happen could happen.

So I'm still betting on the Aoba x Kou outcome. Although... Adachi is very good at accurately depicting how people refuse to make things clear in romantic matters- leaving you unsure up until the very end.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote