View Single Post
Old 2009-11-28, 03:21   Link #182
Barandax

The problem I am having lately is that Luffy just seems like he is not advancing at all strength wise. After getting beat down and seperated by Kuma I was expecting some type of power up like when he was defeated by Lucci and invented Gear 2nd and 3rd so he could protect his crew. I figured that not being able to save anybody would have galvanized him into learning/developing something new but that just does not seem to be the case so far.

We have come 50+ chapters since the Sabody Archipelago and Luffy seems pretty much the same as when he and the other Straw Hats got sent flying. I know Black Beard and Smoker commented that Luffy was stronger but they had not seen Luffy since way back in East Blue so that is pretty much a given.

I do not want Luffy to get some insta, Super Saiyan power up but I was hoping he would have shown some noticeable improvement in the time that has passed. Magellen killed him pretty much, he has lost 10 years of his life, he is on a hormone drug right now to remain concious, Smoker beat him and he cannot do anything to the Admirals. I dont know maybe I am just hoping/expecting to much from Luffy right now given the current situation :P
Barandax is offline   Reply With Quote