View Single Post
Old 2009-12-04, 07:19   Link #93
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperCube View Post
Well,i guess i haven't been clear enough:

About the box exemple,i meant how can you teleport something that you aren't conscious about (which is the object inside the box) which has it's proper magnetic properties ,and as you stated before she must calculate to the 13dimension everytime she teleports a thing which she is conscious about (something she sees,or knows) but how can she correctly teleport something that she still ignore it's nature,physical properties,and else......
Two different explanations, neither necessarily mutually exclusive. First, she does know: whether because the info is hammered into her brain and/or her required secondary powers let her know enough about what's in the box to teleport.

For simplicity, there's nothing in the series that implies that she breaks down/shrinks/alters the teleported object in anyway that would require her to remake it at all levels. She simply moves it, replacing the destination point.

Secondary is that she doesn't need to know what's in the box, because her AIM field surrounds the box as a whole and moves the box. For analoy, she's picking up the box itself, not unpacking the box and carrying it piece by piece.

Quote:
Well,i was talking about the success percentage of the dimensional teleportation of Kuruko (she never failed once as i know..) which is too high since dimensional teleportation is sending an object through other dimensions which they have their own physical properties (gravity,mass of protons,mass of neutrons,etc...).
Rather than assume 'it's too high,' the proper assumption from her 100% success is 'she can do it safely and proficiently'. That she can do it means she has the means to make it safe, and in context of Index that's usually handwaved away by 'their brains are made into terra-super computers.' Same way Accelerator is supposed to calculate any vector in real time, sort of.

Quote:
So maybe it's normal when she teleports herself,but when it comes sending a body (to a far place) through other dimensions that she knows only from variable calculations (a human cannot see farther than 4th dimension) is far,far from safe.
Well, it is safe.

The simplest answer is that she has required secondary powers that allow her to see and interact with the 13th dimension on a level to be safe. And if she can do those complex calculations reliably, as she does, she can make smaller calculations as well.

Quote:
oww,spoiled....
Ah. My sincere apologies: I thought it was safe to assume anyone in this thread would be willing to discuss info from the long-released series...
Dean_the_Young is offline   Reply With Quote