View Single Post
Old 2012-11-06, 03:50   Link #2144
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Nate Silver's
... this is from the same man that tried to obsesively de-legitimize Rasmussen?

The New York Times’ statistics guru, Nate Silver, is infallible. You see, Silver doesn’t predict election winners and losers; he only gives odds of winning and losing. So even if Silver gave Obama a 99% chance of winning, an Obama loss would still be perfectly consistent with Silver’s projections. In other words, when it comes to measuring Silver’s performance, heads Silver wins, tails his critics lose.

But while his statistical methodology might give Silver cover against charges of liberal bias in his projections, it does little to explain the double standard he applies to Rasmussen’s polling. Dating back to his blogging days at FiveThirtyEight.com, Silver has been on a mission to discredit Rasmussen’s polls, which Silver views as biased in favor of Republican candidates. What’s more, Silver has allowed his Rasmussen obsession to influence his supposedly objective statistical analysis.....

Spoiler for continue...:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I know there will be a lot of anger when the results are in with the losing side blaming the other side.
I'm sure not downplaying riots from the Crips Blue side if desired result is not realized

... as for me, I'll just sit it out (in safe, undisclosed location) and best tune in to Track 4 of The Chronic IF it really does hit the fan...

Last edited by flying ^; 2012-11-06 at 04:09.