View Single Post
Old 2011-12-20, 00:55   Link #1232
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajomir View Post
As to that final vision, I'm going to believe that the female Hachijo was none other than Beatorice herself, and Battler finally recognizes her after seeing the portrait. After all, she IS a troublesome rich heir to a fortune! Living alone writing games would be a suitable pastime for her.
Who was Featherine, then? Just as the pen name Hachijo was two people, Featherine in the end was the collective will of Battler and Beatrice. She was the one who wrote the end of the tale, right? It was the actions of Battle, Beatrice, and Ange that wrote the end of this tale. And apparently Beato likes cats named Bern :P
You see, candy addictions and a warm snuggly kitty will interrupt games all the time, so two witches messing with their games fits perfectly! Right? Right!

And that, is my truth.
That's a nice thought, but not one I really agree with myself. I'm in the camp that took the whole "Beatrice drowning" scene a bit more literally, as I think Yasu literally drowned to death at that point.

I also think that Battler being down with her even after she sees him float away is saying that "the person who was Battler Ushiromiya" died with her down there. Both in terms of "his heart" and also more literally, as his brain damage would cause a disconnect between him and that person from then on. So orange's interpretation, while closer to what I would think, would still feel redundant to me. So I wonder if that's what it really was.
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote