View Single Post
Old 2012-12-23, 18:55   Link #351
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
....Really?

People that voice animated characters for a living are THAT famous? I knew some seiyuu are pretty famous over there, since a lot of them also are singers, but WOWWWWWW.....

Japanese fans cant be serious though; a lot of these actors are in their 30s....it's not like they can remain moeish for life and all. Do the male actors get the same treatment if they get married or have children?

I don't know who Toyosaki is, but I thought Hirano's problem was that she was a diva?
In Japan, voice acting is SERIOUS FREAKING BUSINESS. Nowhere else in the world can you find Idol Singers who aspire to become seiyuu one day. It does help though that many Japanese seiyuu, especially females, were Idol Singers themselves before entering the industry.

The "serious" Japanese fans comprise only a small section of the fanbase, but they are the most vocal, so they tend to be considered the voice of the Japanese fandom, even if most of the fandom themselves would simply be happy for their favorite seiyuu.

It's not that the hardcore otaku want the seiyuus of their favorite characters to effectively make a vow of celibacy until they're well over 35 (no, just kidding, Christmas Cake age is actually 25). It's just that many seiyuus are better associated with their roles, after all. Just ask KugiRie or even Aya Hirano herself.

It's more like they want their seiyuus to become lesbians. Probably the best example is Hitomi Nabatame and her "wives". Sure, Shizuka Itou is already married, but the fans would just say it's just a cover for her lesbianism (many gay people actually marry the opposite sex to hide their sexual orientations from others).

Aki Toyosaki is a relatively new seiyuu. I only gave her as an example of how insane the hardcore otakus from Japan can actually be.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote