View Single Post
Old 2013-02-16, 08:59   Link #1437
sasahar17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Lightning II sounds real interesting. Who says the Americans don't know how to fight for melee? This has all the melee toys one could need!
Hm, if I recall from several a webcast I saw on YouTube, there was some exercise that the F-35V took part in that it was completely destoyed by Sukoi planes when it was dragged into old school dogfights (kinda like what happened with the Eurofighter and the F-22, but worse). It probably would fare better if it could do it's stealth fighter thing, but the Aussie minister being interviewed was quite critical about how the government had given away so much money for a bunch of planes that couldn't turn with a much cheaper Sukoi (if I recall, the 'KD' ratio for the Sukoi v F-35B was terribly lopsided; in fact, the F-22 had to run to the rescue).
It's been a while since I've seen that report though, and it was basically the opposition lamblasting the government (also note the F-35A, which was the one ordered by the RAAF seems a bit better), so I'm not sure how accurate it is now. Can anybody confirm this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomRavager View Post
Now watch as its procurement turns into a comedy of tragic proportions.
Well considering that saga was a long and painful one, I wonder how it would translate into the ML world.
sasahar17 is offline   Reply With Quote