View Single Post
Old 2009-06-06, 21:16   Link #29
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
the majority sees this situation as the girl being completely right to slap the guy for seeing her naked.
I honestly don't see that majority. You can of course take the whole issue not so serious (it's ... just ... a .. cartoon) and find the reaction "cute". Or people stubbornly that the girl's side because of the gut feeling that the whole situation is unfair towards girls without really being able to distinguish the two levels (intention of the girl character - intention of the script author).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
Shana is one of the most popular characters around, .
Because she is a girl fullstop. The K-On girls are also very popular although I strongly doubt they were good at fighting monsters - or their way out of a paper bag.

And about the uselessness of shounen heroes. The typical shounen hero is honest, has a sense of justice, is courageous, mature beyond his age, etcetera. They might lack the speshul powers (at first) but that's simply not their fault. They fight to their best ability and are all in all less useless than you and me. They make the best out of their potential. What more can one want?