View Single Post
Old 2013-03-23, 05:15   Link #469
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I don't know what people here associate me to, but I casually call myself one on AIM all the time. I'm sure it has negative connotations to it, but I'm not sure if "fan" fully describes me.
People these days often forget that "fan" is short for "fanatic", so in a way, it suits you like a glove.

My own main problem with Fate is not so much that she has screentime, it's that what screentime she has in handled in a way to maximize fan-appeal rather than make for a good story. I already mentioned the save Nanoha scene in this movie, but really the most glaring issue comes from StrikerS, where she is pushed into the double-mama scene because this maximizes fan appeal.

Now, I've already said before many times that this should have been something Nanoha should have been facing alone, as it would drive her development. But that doesn't mean Fate should just stay off-screen. Because there were two other characters in StrikerS that needed development: Erio and Caro. The person central to their development? Fate.

If they had shied away from using Fate for maximum fan-appeal and instead focused her scenes on developing Erio and Caro (which would also give Fate more development too), StrikerS would have been a better anime because of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Nah, I thought most of the music was very bland as well.

Especially after Snow Rain, that was just...

Gawdawful.

There was no Brave Phoenix in this movie, which really made the fight against the core more awesome in the series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
Is it just me or is the music pretty meh in this movie? Seriously, they didn't even play a variation of "Tsudoe, Hoshi no Kagayaki" or at least have a substitute piece as epic.

The entire Excelion Buster sequence falls flat because of this (not to mention there was less tension because they neglected to mention the risk Raging Heart was taking to help Nanoha).
Mreh, I don't care about vocal pieces that much, mostly because I grew up with games and movies but lacked any regular music genre that I really liked, so I grew to love soundtracks themselves. My music folder has maybe a dozen regular songs, but several hundred musical pieces from various movies, series and games.

I found the music to be great for most of the movie. It blends well with the scenes, forming a good union and enhancing the atmosphere of the scenes.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote