View Single Post
Old 2013-07-10, 16:45   Link #10
T-6000

What I have noticed this year is that some upcoming games for the next generation consoles will also be made available for this current generation consoles as well. Call of Duty ghosts will be made available for the PC and next generation consoles, but also this current generation consoles as well. Same for Wolfenstein the new order, Same with Battlefield 4, and same with Titanfall (well, excluding the Playstation consoles). In fact, a few developers and publishers have proclaimed that they plan on supporting the current generation of consoles for a couple more years despite the release of this current generation. So it looks like the Playstation 3 (and XBox 360) will be sticking around a bit longer, and since some developers and publishers plan on supporting the PS3 for a bit longer Sony may have no other choice but to follow suit.

However, I am expecting a bit of a backlash (maybe a big one) from the PC Gaming community. As far back as 2011 I have been hearing many PC Gamers cursing the current generation of consoles as holding back the video game industry especially in terms of graphics and special effects. In fact the constant bitching was one of the reasons why I left the PC Gamer forums. And already a good number of PC Gamers are lashing out against the next generation consoles as being "outdated" (IMHO, not by much. Especially the PS4, it's an impressive piece of hardware for a Console. But if I dare mention this at a PC Gaming community I might be hanged from the nearest tree) and I expect the backlash to be even greater with the PS3 getting continued support for a couple more years.
T-6000 is offline   Reply With Quote