View Single Post
Old 2008-03-27, 02:09   Link #35
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I think the ideas put forth fit more than half of those categories so far, so we probably do need to decide on a genre and story idea pretty quick. Next step I see is getting the concept art, world design and story planning going. The ideas people have put forward have been very interesting to me.

So far we have:

1. Kairin, the animesuki mascot, as some sort of dream warrior in the real world

2. Kairin as a Claymore (though toxic trance is already doing a doujin of it so this one seems disqualified to me )

3. Depressing idea about 2 kids who have a terminal illness, get a bunch of money, and live life quick (I put this one forward to get the ball rolling though )

4. Steam punk revamped with ancient civilizations. This one has the most discussion so far and also has some sweet drawings from derelict88.

5. Teenage kids that have been experimented on to give them powers who decide to turn against their creators.

6. Character who travels from world to world and balances good and evil.

So those are the basic story/world ideas that have been put forward so far. The first 3 have not been discussed much. To me personally the steam punk world design is the most unique and usable for a shorter story at the moment. Truth be told, they could all make fascinating stories though. I am claiming Dungeon Master role for this manga creation game just to keep things moving, even though I really do not have any administrative power .

It would be great if we got some more ideas. If not we will probably just decide between us which one to go with and move to the next stage of story planning pretty quick here. We will see where it heads. I did not think I would grow attached to these various story ideas so quickly.