View Single Post
Old 2008-03-05, 04:15   Link #260
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'll just invite people to check Obama's record as Senator and his political life prior to that. There's a fair amount you have to ignore to assert he has "no experience". Clinton does have some experience as a Senator and a lot of indirect experience via her husband -- but as everyone knows, just counting years of experience doesn't make for automatic superiority.
They both have pretty similar policy positions - its almost a matter of whose style you prefer.

The big problem I have with many Obama fans is that they don't actually know what he's about --- they're just charmed by style or want to be "where its happening". Not knowing the candidate... well, that's no better than voting for Bush despite his overall failures as a businessman or politician.

The weakness Ms. Clinton has against McCain is the legions of "swift boat" attacks she'll take for the last Clinton-era antics.
And while Obama vs McCain would be a replay of Kennedy vs Nixon (charisma slam dunk video style) --- Obama would have his own share of problems from the even seedier side of swiftboating.
I just hope McCain toasted himself with his mind-bogged choice to sidestep the torturing issue, his "100 Year War" ideas for Iraq, and he "doesn't know much about the economy" routine. One would think that might overcome any Rovian swiftboat crap.