Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Detective Conan
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-19, 18:15   Link #42
Suikun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho2002
R2 DVD's do not exist for Detective Conan episodes before ep. 135 (so good luck trying to find them... =p). The only format eps 1-134 exist in is in Laserdisc and VHS tape format. Many of which are OUT OF PRINT and have been for a very long time. There hasn't been any reprints done either and many of the R2 DVD's between eps 135-196 have been out of print for about 3 or 4 years now.

What Funi may be doing may seem un-fan-friendly to people who don't get Cartoon Network, but probably will seem very fan friendly to people who do get it.
Funny... after getting all geeked up to start ordering me some R2's, I found out that exact thing... *sigh*

But not seeing episodes 1-134 at all is better than supporting FUNimation if they're gonna' do this. As for your Cartoon Network comment - I'd much much much rather not see Detective Conan at all than get a twisted, Americanized version. How the version Cartoon Network broadcasts could be seen as fan friendly is well beyond me. I thought at this point, at the very least, anything that aired on Adult Swim would be safe from this sort of thing... guess not.

Again, I'm sure it seems like I'm making this into a bigger deal than it has to be - I realize that. But like I said, if everyone who cares just passes it off, then there's nothing stopping FUNimation from doing this to shows like One Piece, Naruto, Prince of Tennis, Fullmetal Alchemist, or any of the other shows FUNimation very well could end up with - and with those shows, unlike DC, they have to be seen in order. I need to make FUNimation pay for this the only way I can - by not supporting or buying their releases of DC and encouraging everyone else I know to do the same. If it means not seeing episodes 1-134, then too bad for me - I know my priorities, and I'm sticking to them.
Suikun is offline   Reply With Quote