View Single Post
Old 2011-01-28, 13:37   Link #39
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
There's a foreshadowing of Lucy being strong? Actually, if there was, I didn't get it. On her fight against Angel, Angel says that she's pretty much done herself in for summoning 4 golden keys consecutively with a low magic power to support it.
It also showed that Lucy's magic power is growing. Before, she wouldn't have been able to summon so much. My guess is that the more a mage uses their magic, the more their max MP grows. Also, Lucy's strength is that she really cares about her spirits, and thus they go above and beyond for her.

Lastly, as Hibiki said, she was capable of using the Una Metria(sp?) spell, which is supposed to be a really high level celestial mage spell.

All those things foreshadow Lucy as being strong. In the light of some other FT mages, she can appear a bit weak, but she's fairly strong already compared to most other mages. Also, smart use of her spirits would make her incredibly strong, so it's partly her not being smart but "lucky" that keeps her back. I kinda dislike this aspect, but am hoping she does get smarter instead of relying on her luck.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote