View Single Post
Old 2013-02-07, 19:29   Link #6528
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Team rallies. They get more focused and clear their heads. They start playing the way they should have the entire time. Isn't this what you've been arguing happened anyway? Only real difference is that we're saying they were able to do so because they had the extra 34 minutes from the blackout, whereas you're arguing that they just flipped some magic switch and magically stopped playing like the second stringers they had been for the previous half a game plus.

And, you know, the whole 84 real minutes the Ravens offense hadn't played a down or had any semblence of practice. That probably helped too.
No I've been arguing that the blackout didn't have anything to do with the 49ers storming back. I know what the team can do and having a blackout or delay of game is irrelevant. If the 49ers had a blackout in Seattle, I don't see them coming back. They weren't in the game the entire time from start to finish. San Francisco didn't need a blackout to come back against the Falcons. They just started making plays like they have all season long.

If the blackout was so beneficial, why didn't San Francisco convert the 3rd and 13 when the game resumed? They were well rested and had plenty of time to plan their next play. Yet it failed.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote