Thread: Da Capo II
View Single Post
Old 2007-07-20, 22:50   Link #86
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Aside from being off-topic - Riko is hundred times more likable than Nemu ever was.

Honestly, i never understood what problems people had with DCSS. Kotori getting shafted? Please, Kotori never had a chance in the first place. It was always Nemu or Sakura, there was no one else who had a realistic shot at the guy's heart. Even if your favorite gets the short end of the stick is not a reason to call the show bad.
Yeah, I'm a Kotori fan but I can't complain with how DCSS went--if Junichi had switched to her it would have invalidated the whole first season of Da Capo. After everything they went through to be together in the first season, there was no way DCSS could end with anything but Junichi x Nemu, which is why rather than create a new love triangle it ended up being the Aisia Show instead. I did like the original Da Capo more than DCSS by far, but I wouldn't say DCSS was bad--I think given the constraints put on them by the first season, the studio actually did a decent job with it. Although if someone had just explained to Aisia exactly what happened two years ago, it would have saved everyone a lot of trouble...

I wonder in D.C. II who the 'winner' will be...in the first Da Capo you could pretty much tell from the opening credits that Nemu would win (My Iron-Clad Rule for Picking Bishoujo Anime Winners: the girl with the most screentime in the OP and ED is going to win). In D.C. II it seems like Otome and Yume would be the front-runners based on their prominence in promo shots...
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote