View Single Post
Old 2008-04-02, 02:05   Link #428
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumy View Post
Aww!! Thank you ... I never knew people would hate this picture so much .. Is nice to know that some people do understand the artist point of view and differences of styles ..
How could anyone hate it? It's head an shoulders above the previous versions that have been plastered on the main page. I'm not saying the other versions weren't good. They were alright - but this new version struck me as being done by someone who has marketable skills (Someone who could work as an artist at some level.)

In a way, the previous version looked as if a fan was copying something out of a manga/anime. The current kimono version looks like an original work. As if the artist thought "Hrmm, what can I do with her?" while staring at a blank sheet of paper, holding a pencil, and using nothing more than his/her own imagination. If anything, I'd say it reminds me of something you'd see on Penny Arcade (The style of her nose, maybe?).

NOTE: Art is in the eye of the beholder. (Who doesn't love floating octopi?)

EDIT: Grats on raising the bar for AS.com main page art, Takumy. You have at least one fan, here.

PS: Fan service is LAME. Real artists don't need to show T&A + panty shots to get their art across. Please ignore the unwashed masses and do as you see fit. Really, no one needs to tell you what to draw. You are doing just fine with what you are producing now.

Last edited by PonSquared; 2008-04-02 at 02:20.
PonSquared is offline   Reply With Quote