Thread: Crunchyroll Nichijou
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-11, 22:08   Link #364
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
That part of my post wasn't anything serious, you know. What that is bugging me is that people think that there are only 'fanboys' and 'haters' on the internet, not anyone neutral. I'm kinda sensitive about that matter.

In case of Kaioshin, I always tried my best to 'defend' Kyoani whenever I saw his comments.
When it comes to Kyoani that honestly might actually be the case. I'm not entirely sure it's possible to be neutral on them because their shows are so damn polarizing and niche, as is this one. It comes with being very tailor-made to a very specific type of fan. If you're that type of fan it's probably going to be the greatest show of the season, if not then you'll be hard pressed to find much to keep you into it.

Where the hang-up seems to have come, and I've been historically guilty of this is well, is not recognizing the nature of their shows. If you don't like it it doesn't necessarily mean you are a "hater who gonna hate", it could very well just mean it's not the show for you.

Never before has the statement "one's man's trash is another man's treasure" been so applicable as it is with Kyoani shows.

By the way you've gotten off extremely easy. Try having not played ball with the whole Haruhism thing back when it was airing. Never found a more direct way to become completely reviled on a message board before or since.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote