View Single Post
Old 2011-04-12, 03:21   Link #369
Archon_Wing
Underwhelmed
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
When it comes to Kyoani that honestly might actually be the case. I'm not entirely sure it's possible to be neutral on them because their shows are so damn polarizing and niche, as is this one. It comes with being very tailor-made to a very specific type of fan. If you're that type of fan it's probably going to be the greatest show of the season, if not then you'll be hard pressed to find much to keep you into it.

Where the hang-up seems to have come, and I've been historically guilty of this is well, is not recognizing the nature of their shows. If you don't like it it doesn't necessarily mean you are a "hater who gonna hate", it could very well just mean it's not the show for you.

Never before has the statement "one's man's trash is another man's treasure" been so applicable as it is with Kyoani shows.

By the way you've gotten off extremely easy. Try having not played ball with the whole Haruhism thing back when it was airing. Never found a more direct way to become completely reviled on a message board before or since.
It's ok. I think I'd prefer slandering people who don't like a show and question their motives for peeing in the holy water. God forbid people not like something without ulterior motives, right?

Hmm, I think I'll give this show 2 more episodes. Maybe it can dredge up something of value for me; it could reach Lucky Star tier, perhaps
That which you do not know, you invent.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote