View Single Post
Old 2016-08-14, 14:35   Link #11
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
Which is what you are all arguing for in terms of hollows being a person. If Nel for example is executed, everyone gets upset since she's a innocent and has a sense of self, but when reminded about the millions she contains within her, we go 'oh well it's a statistic because they are people without a face'.
Another thing to keep in mind, it's not like Nel or any of the menos level hollows are devouring more and more of their fellow kind for the lulz. They do it because that's just how the rules of nature are structured in HM. It's kill or be killed and eat or be eaten. And the dominant personalities are the ones that rise to the top. It doesn't make them inherently evil. I mean we don't consider any animal in nature evil because of the other animals they may devour on the food chain. That's just how it works and that's how the balance is preserved in real life. And since it does preserve the balance, it doesn't give us any right to kill them unless they invade our personal space.

But I digress somewhat. Would proper shinigami execution free a lot souls? Yes. Would that free them from the hellish purgatory of being trapped in a vessel vying for dominance among countless other souls. Definitely.

However, the fate that lies within those freed souls isn't necessarily guaranteed to be all that much better in soul society than being a part of whatever menos they're currently attached to. And again, it messes up the balance.

Bleach is full of morally grey issues with no easy solutions when it comes to this topic. Because even if they did take a more proactive approach to preventing the creation of menos, it'd still ineveitably lead to a lot more soul's being sent to Soul Society--which again, would not be as nice of a happy ending for those souls as people may want to believe. I'd imagine for most of them, being sent to Soul Society would amount to nothing more than trading one form of hellish survival for another. Only this time, you get to do it in a human body. And then once too many of those poor souls overpopulate the realm, then what? Obviously, a lot of them are going to die for one reason or another.

And because logic dictates that souls can only be reincarnated if there's an unborn being in the living world to reincarnate into, what happens if too many souls in Soul Society are getting killed at a rate that exceeds the rate of the cycle of reincarnation? It's a total shitstorm of an issue that I'm not sure even Kubo has an answer to at this point.

Therefore, if a gillian, adjuchas, or VL is minding his or her own buisness where he/she belongs in HM, let 'em be. Yes, it sucks. But based on the established rules of the lore that Kubo's made, the alternative's honestly aren't going to make anything better. Only worse.

Last edited by sayde; 2016-08-14 at 14:52.