View Single Post
Old 2008-11-02, 16:29   Link #122
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but haki and sakki are not able to do "physical" harm to people, living things, and inanimate objects and instead weaken the wills of others.
"Correct me if I'm wrong", you said?

Verdict? WRONG!!!

Haki damaged a ship. I don't see any better way to demonstrate physical damage.

You should just read over this thread, and do this: IGNORE all other posts except Blackbeard D Kuma's, MarvelB's, and C.A.'s. The rest are pure nonsense, to some extent. Either way, you'd want to consolidate the right ideas in your head first, and then go over and scoff at the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Off-topic: After following all the haki talk, with the occasional sakki mention, I thought about applying such concepts to other series for kicks. Amazing how much one can describe whole situations in terms of haki and sakki. For example, I applied the concepts to Elfen Lied and found in general overview that the series has massive sakki levels that go off the charts.
I got lost around the elfen-thing, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNhite View Post
Alright, let's be done with this "supply and demand" theory of Haki and move on to something else.

So, we've been shown throughout Luffy's fight with Sonia and Marygold that Haki comes in a variety of types. From hardening weapons, predicting movement, overwhelming opponents, and even, at least I think she used Haki, lighting oneself on fire...

So I bring up an argument, does Haki have any limits?
Or is it something completely subject to the will of the user?
Not different types, but different manifestations. It's the same Haki, but used and focused for different goals. Haki doesn't come in different types, unless you're talking about the Haoushoku, and all that stuff. But that's different levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Thanks for your reply. I've been reading all of your posts about Haki and you are certainly very knowledgeable when it comes to it. I find that it is a very simple concept to understand, really.
Yeah, I found that small bit of writing pretty much condensed the whole thing pretty accurately.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote