View Single Post
Old 2011-08-10, 21:33   Link #428
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
Umm, maybe my language is weird (I'm not a native speaker so please excuse me that). I mean, is there something like those two phases left from the early part of the story that wasn't get explored yet. Those two are examples that already get explored. I don't know if he really planned ahead of time, but the fact that those bits mentioned from the first novel are driving the later part of the series is one of the aspect that I really, really like.
Although I feel like this discussion should probably go into a different thread, I'll answer your question with this: Kyon's mentioning of his cousin in various novels (I think two or three). In those few instances, he talks about how he had a cousin that he had a crush on that broke his heart. He also claims that he's over it, but if he was, why would he even mention it?

In any case, I remember mentioning in an older thread that I think it might be related to Kyon's development in personality. I'd be happy if it came up again in later novels. Otherwise, why would Tanigawa have Kyon mention it more than once?